Tale As Old As Time

My little ballerina and I had a date this weekend to see the Colorado Ballet's Beauty and the Beast!  This was Katelyn's very first ballet, and she was SO excited.  She wanted to dress up like a ballerina - new tutu to the rescue!

 
 Really, she WAS excited, I swear!  Here she is worried that we won't get to our seats in time and they'll start the ballet without us. (We were 40 minutes early.)

 
 We found our seats!  But then my little ballerina was disappointed when she learned that she wouldn't be up on stage dancing.

 
 And a little more disappointed when she learned that the orchestra wouldn't let her borrow their instruments to play. 

But when the curtain went up and the dancing began (and I had to put my camera away), she was enthralled!  She sat for 2 1/2 hours and paid attention to everything that was happening.  She didn't even want to get up during the intermissions for fear of missing even one moment of the performance.  As the curtain closed, she clapped harder than anyone.  And she continued clapping for the entire 5 minutes that the cast were taking their bows.  I was too busy watching her in the moment that I didn't get the camera out to capture the delighted smile on her face.  She danced her way out of the theater, danced onto the elevator, danced into the parking garage, and danced all the way to the car!
 
 My little ballerina had a perfect evening.


And so did her mom.  :-)

Kasie  – (2/22/10, 8:48 AM)  

How cute! You and Katelyn should come see a Greeneville ballet next January! Walter will probably be in it again (I don't know yet what ballet they'll be performing), and the rest of us will probably work the backstage again.

Amy  – (2/22/10, 9:27 PM)  

So sweet. It's stories like this that make me sad that I don't have a daughter. She looks like she thoroughly enjoyed herself!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP