A Future Olympian?
>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010 –
Family,
Katelyn,
Photography
Katelyn has been asking us to take her ice skating for months. Finally, on the first day of the Olympic games, we went! She was so excited!
We're ready! But wait...what is that I see?
Why the sad face? "I'm scared," she says.
(And yes, that is a tiny red heart sticker next to her eye. Thanks, Noël, for that lovely fashion tip.)
Mommy gives a pep talk.
Then Daddy tries.
Wait a minute...I think I've seen that face before... Have you been taking lessons from...
I believe so.
Ok, we'll take a break. Hang on - is that a smile I see?
It IS a smile!
Ok, time to try again.
With Daddy's sunglasses this time.
Still not happy? I give up! Do it yourself!
And much to my surprise...
She did.
She really did!
By herself!
And then, oh boy...
...was she ever happy.
And then she discovered the candy canes.
She even tried a few jumps!
Sleds on ice? Who knew it could be so much fun?
"Faster, Mommy, faster!"
And who knew I'd get such a workout?
Our family in shadow.
Then we went home and watched this.
Me: "Would you like to ice skate like that in the Olympics some day?"
Katelyn: "Mmm... yeah."
Me: "They're pretty fast, huh?"
Katelyn: "Yeah. But I'm faster."
Me: "Faster then them?"
Katelyn: "Yeah."
Me: "Faster than him?"
Katelyn: "Yeah. Didn't you SEE me today?"
You'd better watch out, Apolo Ohno.
And be happy they don't let 4-year-olds compete in the Olympics.

























I think she is faster then Mr. Ohno! All the pictures are a blur...she was going by so fast! Ahhhh.....yes! Noel and the great fashion tips, stickers by your eyes are the coolest!
Well the next day she watched figure skating, so now she wants to do that too... Maybe Noel can be her wardrobe designer for competitions?
Thanks Amy! I do have great fashion sense and can't wait to design Katelyn's Ice Skating costumes. I am thinking more stickers by the eyes, possibly some glitter, a tiara, and lots and lots of lip gloss. I know that Miss Katelyn loves her lip gloss!
Three layers of lip gloss - one pink, one purple, and one sparkly!