Katelyn's Dollar Store Gift Giving, Part III

Here is this year's installment of Katelyn's Dollar Store Gift Giving.  This is the third year we've done it, and it only gets better!  The dollar store is the only place we can take her and tell her that she can pick absolutely anything in the store as a gift.  And since she doesn't really understand the concepts of prices, sales, and how much money her parents make, it's the perfect place.  She really thinks long and hard about each gift and the person she's picking it for.  She's still a little narrow-sighted in that she usually won't look beyond the shelf that happens to be in front of her when we read off the next name on the list, but as long as we steer clear of the bathroom aisle, we're fine.

Check out Part I and Part II of the gift giving too!





I got gumballs with a swinging frog!
(How did she know??)

 
Dad got a flashlight (which was almost a light bulb, but then she changed her mind)



Noël got a fun hat.

 
Lana's fake roses

 
Mike's decorating rocks


Linda's basket


What every teenage boy needs - toothbrushes!


And cups!


Meesa's new jump rope

 
Gabe's princess megaphone (because he isn't loud enough...)


And this year's clear winner...

 
Clark's hot pink, sparkly, glittery cell phone case!

She was so sure he'd like it.  I even double and triple checked, "Are you SURE you want to get PINK for CLARK?"  She was sure.  And she was right.  He loves it.

Anonymous –   – (1/6/10, 6:53 PM)  

What a cute tradition! I love it. And I love that you just went with whatever she picked out. I might steal this idea for next year...
Miss you guys!
Kate P

Joy  – (1/7/10, 3:05 PM)  

I'm pretty sure I stole the idea from someone else, but I don't remember who. I hope you guys do it next year, it's a lot of fun!

Aja~swelldove  – (1/8/10, 9:07 AM)  

OMG am laughing so hard, Katelyn your so cute!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP