First Word


Katelyn likes to write.  More specifically, she likes to make "lists," where she asks me what I want or what we need to buy at the grocery store, or what colors I like, and she writes it all down.  It usually looks something like this:





We were playing this game last week while I was making lunch.  She made a very extensive wish list of all the things I wanted.  She likes to make suggestions - do you want a fence?  How about some grass?  You probably want a pen.  A chair?  (If you haven't figured it out, her suggestions are usually whatever she happens to be looking at in that particular moment.).  Then she asked me, "What's your name?"
"Joy."
"What letters is that?"
"J-O-Y" 
"Ok," she said, and walked over to the kitchen table with her paper and marker.  A few minutes later, she came back and showed me this:





*Gasp!*

It may be backwards, and she wasn't happy with her Y so she tried another, but oh my gosh, she wrote my name!!  She may have spoken "Dada" and "Bubba" (Copper) before she said "Mama," (seriously?  The dog before me?)  but her first written word is my name.



*Sigh*

It's good to be a mom.

Mom –   – (1/16/10, 5:51 AM)  

How sweet! And smart!

Steven M Nielson  – (1/18/10, 9:22 PM)  

Tears in my eyes! I know JUST what you mean! I got the "Miss you papa go work" the other day... when they love you, it is just too much to describe! Thanks for sharing! Steve

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP