Compliments, Katelyn-style

One night last week, we were wrapping up our bedtime routine, and Katelyn and I were snuggling in her bed. She was being so sweet! It was one of those moments where you forget all the temper tantrums, all the messes, all the laundry... She started by saying, "Mommy, I love you," which was soon followed by, "Mommy, you're the best mommy ever!" She even put her little hand to my face and stroked my cheek, just like I do to her. My heart was melting.

And then, in the sweetest, most sincere voice imaginable, she says to me,
"Mommy, you look just like a carrot."

Um, a what?

Yup, a carrot.

Of course, I couldn't hold back the laughter. In fact, I couldn't stop laughing! And there was Katelyn, not even cracking a smile. She was completely sincere, it's like she thought she was paying me the biggest compliment possible! When I finally composed myself, I asked her if I look like a carrot because I got my hair cut. "No," she replied, "your hair looks different and you look like a boy. But you look just like a carrot." Now, in case you're wondering, I did cut off a lot of hair - about 5 inches - but it's still touching my shoulders!
I guess I'll just have to be ok with looking like a carrot. :)

By the way, here's a picture of my new haircut:



(Heehee!)

Anonymous –   – (12/22/08, 8:00 PM)  

Hehe, Mom told me about that after you guys talked on the phone. That's hilarious! Kids definitely keep you laughing!

By the way, your new hairstyle looks great. :-P

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP