Throwback Thursday and the Boulder Creek Festival


Here's Katelyn being carted around on Memorial Day 4 years ago at the Boulder Creek Festival.  (5 months old!)


And here's Katelyn getting carted around at the Boulder Creek Festival this year.


First things first: when your cousin Abby calls you from New York, you drop everything, sit down, and chat.


Then you can enjoy the rest of the festival.  She made sand art...


...and rode the train...





She got her face painted (a princess wand, of course!)


Beautiful!


She stared adoringly at the boy she wants to marry.


Then we went down to the creek.


Where we waited.


And waited.


And waited.


Until...


The race started!  The rubber duckie race, that is.


I don't understand why hundreds of people line the banks of the creek for 4 blocks to watch thousands of little rubber duckies "race," but it is surprisingly fun!  We cheered for duck #5361, and although he didn't win first place, he was one of the first 97 ducks to cross the finish line!  We won a $25 gift certificate to a sushi restaurant in Boulder - woohoo!

Tovah  – (6/11/10, 6:03 PM)  

OK, first of all - how do you keep all of your photos so organized that you can find the same pictures from 4 years ago?!

Second of all - I love the duckies! How cute. Sorry your duck didn't win.

Joy  – (6/11/10, 8:06 PM)  

When I download pics from the camera, I put them into folders organized by month and year. I've done that since I got my first digital camera. There's probably a better way of doing it though.

I'm just happy our duck was one of the top 97! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP