Batter Up!

I used to think that little girls in tutus were just about the cutest things ever.  But last weekend, I discovered something else that's just as high on the adorable scale.

 Little girls playing baseball!


"You talkin' 'bout me?"

That's right, Katelyn is playing T-ball.  And if you've never seen a bunch of 4-year-olds trying to play baseball ("trying" being the operative word), you're missing some of the funniest and most adorable stuff ever!


 Ladies and gentlemen - the Broomfield Bombers!


There's #5 running the bases to warm up!


And now to practice throwing.  First, you have to get the ball to stay in your glove.


Why yes, Katelyn's teammate IS in fact wearing legwarmers, sweat wristbands, and a sweatband under his hat.  Apparently, little boys playing baseball are pretty adorable too!


She's got a pretty good arm!
(She gets that from her dad.)




Catching, on the other hand, is a little more difficult for her.


Most of the time, she just holds her glove open, closes her eyes, and hopes that the ball will magically land in her hand.
(I'm afraid she gets that from her mother.)


Batter up!
(And check out the bat juggling going on!)







Coach helps Katelyn find the proper stance.


She's really good at bat!
(Who knows where she gets that from - certainly not from her mom or dad...)


Who's on first?


Katelyn is!


Running to 2nd...


...where she got pretty bored.



 I wish I'd framed this shot better.  When Katelyn ran to 3rd, there was a boy from the other team standing on the base.  She stopped about 3 feet away and stared at him, then looked around, and stared at him some more as if saying, "Um, I need to stand there, so if you could just move..."


 Then she trotted to home base with her tongue hanging out.


 Off to the outfield for more throwing practice!


Way to go, Katelyn!


 "Um, do you know you're wearing leg warmers?  And it's 90 degrees out?"


 Great practice, Broomfield Bombers!  Can't wait to see all your shenanigans - I mean your first game - on Saturday!

Kasie  – (6/24/10, 12:00 PM)  

You're right - that is super cute!

BethNoel  – (6/24/10, 2:29 PM)  

Love it. And watching it first hand was pretty cool too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP