My New Label

I have a new label for blog posts!

It's "Gardening!"

(gulp!)

Kenny cleaned out the garage, which means I have to keep a garden alive this summer.  There's nothing at stake in this bet, except bragging rights and I-told-you-so's.  Keeping a garden alive may not sound like a difficult task for a normal person, but we all know I'm not normal.  I have been known to kill just about every houseplant I've ever owned.  My method of choice - dehydration.  I just forget to water them.  I've even killed a cactus.  A CACTUS!!


BUT, I'm going to try.  Katelyn is really excited about it, and I'm hoping that with her around to remind me every day, I might remember to water the garden.  We shall see.  And if I fail miserably, well, at least I can blog about it.

For my first gardening post, I want to brag about my birthday present - my tumbling composter.  My awesome husband built it for me, stand and all!  And before you go putting him in the "husbands who buy vacuums/blenders/appliances as gifts for their wives" category, I actually asked for it.  ;-)

The only things he had to buy were the hinges and the latch!  And he built the stand so the wheelbarrow would fit perfectly underneath.  Isn't it great?

In my next gardening post, you'll see the garden beds Kenny built.  I bet he's wondering how he got roped into doing so much work for "my" garden...

Donna  – (4/20/10, 3:03 PM)  

That is wonderful!! Why don't you guys visit and help with my garden? You'll do great as a gardener!!

Kasie  – (4/20/10, 6:20 PM)  

Seriously Joy? A cactus? That's hilarious!

But really, I think you'll do a good job. Gardening is a great skill to have!

Joy  – (4/20/10, 9:08 PM)  

Thanks Mom! And yes, Kasie, a cactus. Pathetic, I know! Let's hope my thumb is a little more green these days!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP