Happy Birthday, Katelyn!!!
>> Monday, December 27, 2010 –
Katelyn
Dear Katelyn,
I can hardly believe it's been five years since you came into my life! Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was holding you and seeing your sweet face for the first time. You are growing into such an amazing young lady. You are beautiful, inside and out. You are sweet, caring, and loving. I love your sense of fun and adventure. And not a day goes by where you don't make me smile, laugh, and want to smother you with hugs and kisses. Do you know that in five years, we have never had to pay a babysitter to watch you? That's partly because we have an amazing group of friends, but I think it's mostly because you are such a great kid that people generally beg us to let them watch you. It's impossible to know you and not love you!
In a few months, you will be a big sister. You are so excited to meet your brother, and so excited to help take care of him, teach him, and love him. I love that you come running up to me at full speed and then give the sweetest, gentlest kiss and hug to my belly. I love how you've offered to share your room (and your bed!) with your brother, and even put baby toys on your Christmas list for him. There is no doubt in my mind that your little brother will be the luckiest brother in the world!
I had so much fun with you today, birthday girl, celebrating with you and making your day special. I can't imagine my life without you, and I can't wait to see what this next year brings! Happy birthday, sweet girl!
I love you,
Mommy

so sweet.
Happy Birthday Katelyn!