Christmas Card Outtakes
>> Thursday, December 9, 2010 –
Katelyn,
Photography,
Puppies
Every year, I take about 1000 photos to get one good photo for our Christmas card. Ok, ok, I may be exaggerating, but it's seriously a lot of work to get a decent picture!
This year, since we have no snow to speak of, I decided to get a shot of Katelyn in front of the fireplace. First, I had to clear a space for her to wiggle sit, and I found this.
Yes, that is indeed a knitting needle and a pinwheel stuck in the poor puppy dog's eyes. When I asked Katelyn to explain, she logically pointed out that there were holes in his eyes, so obviously something sharp and pointy should be stuck through them.
Then I had to bribe her with her new dress.
"Yes, you can wear your new dress ALL day long. IF you listen AND smile and let me take LOTS of pictures, in LOTS of different poses."
I shouldn't have said "poses," because then I got a lot of these. Lots of hands on the hips, head cocked to the side and her supermodel look. (Where did she get that from, anyway?)
And then she was tired of smiling.
Because THAT is so much more attractive than smiling.
And then, because I am a glutton for punishment, I thought I'd try to get a shot of Katelyn and the dogs.
I thought it would be brilliant if I could get a shot of both dogs kissing Katelyn's face. At the same time. (Did I mention that I'm a glutton for punishment?) And yes, that is peanut butter smeared all over Katelyn's cheeks - these dogs don't work for free!
More often than not, one of the dogs was licking Katelyn while the other was trying to lick the peanut butter off Kenny's finger.
Now, aren't you dying to know how the Christmas cards came out? Based on the photos in this post and the fact that I decided to make my own cards this year in Photoshop, it's not a very promising outlook, is it?
Well, you'll just have to keep checking your mailbox!
(And if you're not on my Christmas card list, send me your address!)





Can't wait to see the picture that made the cut! By the way, you will have to teach me how to make cards in Photoshop. Is it much cheaper than ordering online? I just ordered ours last night...prices have gone up on cards!
The main reason I did it in Photoshop was to make myself learn how to use it. And I did learn a lot! I printed them on cardstock and it came to about 35 cents each - Shutterfly's sale price was 90 cents. So yes, I saved money, but it was also a lot more work. I don't think it ends up being much cheaper if you were to print on photo paper at Costco or someplace like that.