Tutus and Ballet Shoes

Hooray for ballet photos!

And sorry it's taken me so long.  After helping Aja pack up and clean her house, I got on a major cleaning kick at our house.  I cleaned out and organized cupboards, closets, and ALL of Katelyn's toys.  This doesn't happen very often (hardly ever, in fact), so I went with it.  Anyway, back to ballet.

Katelyn started her dance class at the Arvada Center.  She absolutely loves it!  We count down the days on the calendar every single week!

(Sorry for the grainy pictures.  They were taken through a window without a flash, and I don't know how to make them look better...)

She loves her teachers, Miss Lisa and Miss Larissa.


For role call, each girl stands up, chasses around the circle, then bows.  So cute!


Here's Katelyn practicing her kicks.  This is why I love this class - the girls don't just copy what the teacher is doing (like the last dance class she was in), they make it fun - like kicking a tambourine!


Although this looks more like Karate Kid than ballet...


Here the girls are pretending they are the wind.


Katelyn making friends...


And then getting her friends to braid her hair!


Check out those leaps!
(And those leg warmers!!!)


Solo time!


Ending with a spin.


Cutie ballerinas!


Katelyn's teachers love her.  They say she's very mature for a 4-year-old, she listens well and follows instructions, and she's really good at ballet!

Way to go, Katelyn!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP