Halloween in December?

Well, that's what I get for waiting so long to post pictures.

Katelyn had been looking forward to dressing up as Cinderella for so long!  She wanted a blue dress, long white gloves, and "princess hair" (done with a curling iron).  I wasn't sure what kind of Halloween we would have, since both Katelyn and Kenny were fighting the flu the whole week before (oink, oink!)  But everyone was better and the weather was beautiful, so off we went!



Here's the pretty princess, all dressed up.


 
Glass slippers too!


 
These are the gloves I knit for her.  If you've ever wondered why there aren't any knitting patterns for toddler gloves, it's because they're TOO DANG HARD!  This took several tries, and I'm pretty sure I ended up with 2 left gloves, but whatever - they're done, and she loves them!


 
Cinderella in her pumpkin coach.


 
Off to see the kingdom!
(Kenny looks a lot more excited than he actually was...)




Counting all her candy after trick-or-treating



Yum!



 The next day, we went with Evie, Tim, and Dena to "Boo at the Zoo."  I was determined that Katelyn would get as much wear out of this costume as possible.  And it was so warm and sunny - a perfect day for the zoo!



 
The fam


 
The princess' favorite - the elephants!


 
Oooh - look at that bird!


 
Pretty princess with a pretty bird


 
Daddy and Katelyn getting ready to feed the birds.


 



 



 
This one hung out on Kenny's hand for a while before trying to make off with the little cup of nectar.


 
Trying to pet an ape.


 
Evie and Katelyn in the wagon.


 
Cinderella and the pumpkin had a great time!

As it turns out, I didn't have to worry about getting my money's worth for this costume.  Katelyn wore that dress every single day, all day long, for 5 straight days.  Then I washed it, and she wore it for several more.  It's now the favorite of all her dress-up dresses!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP