Dear Katelyn,
Such a smile came to my face this morning when I heard you wake up, sleepily saying, "It's my birthday today. It's my birthday today! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!" I can't believe how grown up you are at 4 years old. You are becoming more independent every day and you continue to amaze me by showing me how smart you are and how quickly you learn. I hear more "Mom's" than "Mommy's" these days, and although it's a little sad to think that you're not a baby anymore, I'm so proud of the sweet little girl you have become. I know you'll get tired of hearing this one day, but you will always be my baby. I love that you adore anything involving princesses, sparkles or dress-up; and yet you also adore camping, fishing, and you're really excited about going hunting with Daddy someday. Your smile is still the sweetest thing I could possibly imagine, and it never fails to brighten my day. You remind me each day of the things that are truly important in life and you are such a blessing to me. Thank you for another year full of smiles, laughs, and hugs I would have never known without you. I know you'll have so much fun being a 4-year-old, and I can't wait to see what this next year brings!
Happy birthday, baby girl!
Love,
Mommy
