Dandelion Soup

Katelyn came inside the other day with a handful of dandelions.  I thought she'd picked them for me, but no.  "Mom, I'm going to make dandelion soup for dinner!" she proclaimed.  She then proceeded to get a pot, fill it with water, added a few dandelions, and raided my spice cabinet.

Here's her recipe (on the off-chance you want to make your own):

fresh-picked dandelions from the back yard
salt
pepper
garlic
chili powder
vanilla extract
taco seasoning
ginger
baking soda


Katelyn even took a photo of her culinary creation.
(Yum?)

We let it simmer on the stove while we went for a walk.  After our walk, I was outside talking to a neighbor and said, "Well, I better get inside to make dinner."  Katelyn was quite offended and said, "No Mommy, I am making dinner!"  Oh, right! 

Surprisingly, when we came inside, it smelled good!
The chef had the first taste:


(And in case you're wondering, she did her own hair.)

Not a promising reaction from the little chef, but Kenny and I tried it too.  It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be - very salty!  But after we all had a taste, Katelyn dumped the rest down the sink.  Good thing we had leftovers from the night before!
And she's just informed me that she's making dinner tonight too.

*Gulp!*

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP