A Royal Address
We were eating dinner the other night, and Katelyn asked to be excused from the table. I told her she could, and then asked her if she could please put her plate on the counter next to the sink. She stood up and said, "Yes," then proceeded to make a very low and exaggerated bow while saying, "Your majesty!" And then every other task we asked her to do that night resulted in the same response.
What? Doesn't everyone require their children to address them as if they were royalty?
Actually, I think she got it from the Alice In Wonderland movie...
Me: Katelyn, time to brush your teeth.
Katelyn: (bowing) Yes, your majesty!
Me: Katelyn, pick up your toys.
Katelyn: (bowing) Yes, your majesty!
Katelyn: (bowing) Yes, your majesty!
Me: Katelyn, pick up your toys.
Katelyn: (bowing) Yes, your majesty!
What? Doesn't everyone require their children to address them as if they were royalty?
Actually, I think she got it from the Alice In Wonderland movie...