A Senior Moment

There is ONE piece of furniture in our house that the dogs are not allowed on. Well, actually there are two, but I've been known to cave with the second peice at the sight of big, brown, sad puppy dog eyes... Anyway, the one piece of furniture I really don't want them on is the couch in the living room. It might be that he just doesn't care anymore, or maybe he has doggy Alzheimer's and doesn't remember that he's not allowed to be there, but Copper has started sleeping on that couch more and more. He used to only sleep there when no one was home, but lately, he's been getting braver (or suffering from worsening dementia) and is attempting to sleep there more and more when we're home.



So last week, after spending a good amount of time upstairs, Katelyn and I started making our way down the steps into the living room. And this is what we saw.


Katelyn stopped halfway down the steps, let out a huge sigh, put her hand on her hip and said while shaking her head, "Copper Helcoski..." I wonder where she's heard that before? Anyway, this is what happened next.

Anonymous –   – (1/20/09, 7:23 AM)  

I find it amusing that Copper slept through all of that squeaking, then awoke at a whisper from Katelyn! she must have the magic touch. :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP