Look Pretty!

It was a hard morning. I just couldn't get anything done. We didn't have any food in the house and Katelyn was reminding me (repeatedly and frequently) that I'd promised her a trip to the library. So we finally got out of the house (a monumental task), went to the grocery store, and the library (AKA "the libary house.") We were driving home when Katelyn said, "Mommy - look, pretty!"

I started looking around and said, "What's pretty, Katelyn? The trees? The clouds?"

"No, Mommy. Look pretty!" she replied.

"What looks pretty?" I asked again.

A sigh of frustration from the back seat. "Mommy look pretty!"

Surely she couldn't have been talking about me. Not me in this sweatshirt with no makeup, hair in a ponytail, and unshowered. "Me, Katelyn? Mommy looks pretty?"

"Yes," she said with a big smile, "Mommy look really, really, really pretty!"

I love being a mom. :)

Anonymous –   – (2/8/08, 9:52 AM)  

Awww - that is SO sweet of Katelyn! "Mommy pretty" I love it! Doesn't that just warm your heart all over?

*sigh* I miss you!

Anonymous –   – (2/8/08, 9:53 AM)  

P.S. Katelyn's right: you ARE very pretty! (even in just a sweatshirt and ponytail...) :-) love ya!

Anonymous –   – (2/8/08, 2:45 PM)  

awwww..... Kids can say some of the most sweetest of things right when you need it too!

Nana  – (2/14/08, 10:57 AM)  

How sweet! And it just gets better!!
Love, Nana
ps - apparently we have a wet-weather spring on the side of our hill, and are thinking of making a fr. drain to the creek. Any suggestions from the geologically minded experts?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP