Assignment #1

Melissa and I are taking a photography class!  It's been a long time since I've been in school.  Melissa just finished eleven years of school.  And we're both loving this class and learning a lot.  Here are the photos from our first assignment: Something Near, Something Far.

This is my "Something Near."  It was supposed to be focused on a subject up close with the background out of focus.
 
Katelyn on Flagstaff Mountain.
f/4.0, shutter 1/500s, ISO 100

(Ok, ok, I cheated a bit.  I used a photo from a couple months ago, but it fit all the criteria.  And I took the picture in Aperture Priority, which was the whole point of this assignment!)

The instructor liked the little sun spot on Katelyn's nose and that the photo was framed off-centerAnd Katelyn was happy to know that I honored her request to tell everyone in class her name.


This is my "Something Far."  Everything is supposed to be in focus, near and far.

Ali on Coal Creek Trail, Louisville.
f/22, shutter 1/80s, ISO 200

No cheating on this one!  Ali and I went out the morning the assignment was due to get this shot.  She is a lot easier to photograph than Katelyn - she listens better!

In this one, he said the eye naturally travels from Ali, up the slope of the hill to the mountains, then across the mountains and back to Ali, so that you want to look at everything in the photo.  I'd like to say I planned it that way, but honestly, I didn't.  Lucky shot!

Stay tuned for photos from our next assignment, where we will be photographing in (*gasp!*) MANUAL mode!!  Two weeks ago, I'd be absolutely terrified of that.  But now?  It doesn't seem so hard.  :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP